Friday, December 5, 2014

Changes to our OSBA Executive for 2015

We would like to express our thanks to members of the OSBA executive for the work they have done over the past year.

Kerri Weller
At our annual General meeting in November a special presentation was made to Kerri Weller, who resigned from our executive after her three year term. Kerri has been a driving force behind the start-up of OSBA, encouraging members to join, and generally getting things rolling. In her position of Exhibition and Guest speaker coordinator she tirelessly gave of her time to encourage us to submit paintings for our exhibitions, and set them up in a cohesive manner, establishing a standard of excellence in our work, as well as searching out the wonderfully interesting guest speakers we have had at our General Meetings.  Kerri: a very special Thank You.

Jan Salmon

Jan Salmon also resigned as President and we thank her for the excellent leadership she gave to OSBA over the past year.






Janet Marshall
And now, a welcome to our new President: Janet Marshall. While relatively new to OSBA, Janet brings many life skills to the position, and we look forward to getting to know her in the upcoming year. Thank you for stepping up for this position. Welcome Janet!



Janet has been kind enough to submit a brief biography so we can all get to know her.
As a youngster, I loved art and was chosen for classes through The University of Manitoba where I studied with George Swinton. I also took art classes all through school, showing up to work before school and eating my lunch with the teachers.

At The University of Calgary, I studied Art and Music and went on to teach in Calgary, Kingston, Napanee and Ottawa. Following university, I studied Advanced Drawing with Ivan Eyre at The University of Manitoba and Art History at Queenʼs, Carleton and The University of Calgary.

While living in Edmonton, at home with two small children, I was part of a figure drawing studio. In Ottawa, I have taken part in figure drawing studios at The Nepean Sportsplex and The Ottawa School of Art. Iʼve also worked in clay at the Sportsplex doing mostly bas reliefs -- drawing in clay.

I discovered Kerri Wellerʼs class and realized that she could take me in new directions. I want to master watercolour painting and to produce more finished artwork. Part of watercolourʼs appeal is that I can do it at home in retirement and itʼs portable for travel.

I bring to The OSBA a passion for art. As for a sample of botanical art from me at this time, the teacher in me offers instead the words ‘shows potential’.

Janet Marshall

 Please look for this bio and other bios of OSBA members 
on the 'Members' tab.

No comments:

Post a Comment